Saturday, July 16, 2011

...at a time.

I have hit bottom. I know what it is like and there is nothing scarier. I remember the empty hole inside and the paralyzing pain. My vision actually lost it's color. I laid on the edge of my bed and stared out at a blue sky with white puffy clouds and fresh green grass. But in my eyes everything was a shade of gray. I even started to compose what to write to my sweet son. Then one small spark of hope entered my mind. I don't even remember what it was that sparked it but I clung to that little spark. I could feel it in my hands. Then I nurtured it and let it grow. It was a slow crawl back to normal. And I hold on to that moment at the lowest trough as a reminder that the bottom is always there. Can't have a top without a bottom, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment