Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One step forward.....

I am talking to a guy. A good guy, the best I can tell through email and text. But I am scared because I realize that I have no clue how any of this works now. Am I even ready for any of this even if he is a decent guy? In some ways I still feel such a mess. Maybe I have gotten so comfortable being alone that I have become too complacent. How do I open up to a new human being that I am just getting to know when I am so nervous to ever trust again.
The one person I trusted more than anyone lied to me and broke my heart. Maybe there is no repair for a break like that.
Yet, despite my usual desire to run for the hills pretty much every time he says something ... odd? not what I expect? maybe even slightly inappropriate, a different part of me says..... be honest with yourself.
Then of course the Ego kicks back in and wants to tell him that I am a damaged human and he should be the one to run for the hills.
This is always a good time to remember one of my favorite movies, "As Good As It Gets" when Helen Hunt's mom tell her that there is no such thing as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment