Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Therapists.

Therapists are great, at least as a concept. I am sure on an individual basis there are both good and bad but the ability to spill what is bothering you to someone that is impartial and preferably trained is a gift to any human with emotions to spare or anyone with a nervous system for that matter.
I have had the same therapist since my separation from my ex, and she has been such a great help to me through some really tough times. But I guess even one on one therapy isn't enough to help me move on from from this broken heart I am holding onto tightly. For the past two years she has been bugging me to go to a support group for divorced and widowed singles. Well, I finally caved. It was awkward and I broke down in front of strangers I don't know, but I think it is going to be something I am going to have to do. I have a lot riding on this Monday night meeting.
I am having the worst time letting go, and it is incredibly hard to move forward with a heavy weight tied to your ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment