Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's all a package deal.

For me at least, I can honestly give an opinion that there is no single road to recovery. It's a cocktail for lack of a better word. I take meds, I see a therapist, I "try" to exercise regularly and now I am going to try the group thing. So what about all that self help out there? Is it a bunch of hooey? Ah, so you get to learn about the final piece of my puzzle. The self help book... or audio... or movie. Maybe it is actually falling into the spiritual part of the puzzle because it has definitely taken a spiritual turn. I have gone from "getting organized" books to books more spiritually inspirational. So what should I recommend others? What ever you are drawn to. I have really found a positive influence in listening to Wayne Dyer. And because of my enjoyment of listening to him speak (usually while I am working, lol) I have looked up some of his influences including Rumi and now I am trying to make sense of "A Course in Miracles".

No comments:

Post a Comment