Friday, December 9, 2011

Wibbly-Wobbly-Timey-Wimey

The title is a quote from one of my all time favorite shows, "Doctor Who". The Doctor is trying to explain time but hearing him say it makes me giggle. Of course, it also makes me think of my depression and how it has been on the healing track. I have often felt like I am unstable and unpredictable like walking on the deck of a ship. Sometimes it takes a lot to hang on and sometimes the seas are calm and you can lean on the railing and enjoy the view. The healing process has never been a constant progression towards good mental health. Some days are good, some are bad. And the time it takes to journey through ebbs and flows, shortens and lengthens and sometimes even jumps around. Thus is life. I guess we are all the Doctor with our own set timelines. Sometimes we even have to do a lot of running. (You'll have to check out the show to get that one. )

No comments:

Post a Comment