Saturday, December 10, 2011

My depression doesn't travel alone.

I haven't talked too much about the other issues I battle on a regular basis but they have been around much longer than the depression. I can remember having anxious moments since I was a kid. I can remember My mom asking me to order my food at a fast food restaurant but I couldn't do it. I would make my mom order it for me. So, I was an anxious child. It was nothing unusual. My parents knew but weren't really concerned. The anxiety grew as I did but nothing so astonishing as to stand out in a crowd. I guess I learned to hide it well and to perfect the perfect stomach ache in order to get out of school early. Not that a lot of it was all that fake. I went through a lot antacids before I was even old enough to vote. To make a long story short I eventually discovered Paxil of course that created a different set of problems. Maybe I will get into it at another time. Now my friend for both my anxiety and depression is Zoloft. Someday I hope to not need it but for now it is part of the healing process. I wouldn't be here with out it.

No comments:

Post a Comment